Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Work in progress

This is an old beat up desk I found at a Salvation Army store. My loving husband said as I was unloading it from the truck..."throw that thing in the burn pile!"... I was like are you nuts? This thing has potential. I have to admit when I opened the end gate and realized it smelt so bad -like an old chicken coop- that I was thinking the same thing. After leaving it in the garage to air out for several weeks I drug it in the house and decided to see what I could do with it. I wanted to keep all the ugly stains and scratches so decided not to strip this piece or paint it. I cleaned it up with soapy water then tsp and let it dry out. Then I got out my favorite minwax gel stain and away I went and LOVE IT!  I need to get a shelf replaced where there once was a drawer and need to get more prim stuff on it (a problem as it's in the hubbies man room) but gradually I'm sneaking more and more onto it and he hasn't even noticed. hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment