Saturday, March 27, 2010

Dollar Tree eggs redone

I thought I had a picture of the eggs before I redid them but can't find it. Will post it when I run across it but in the mean time here's what I did to re-purpose them I bought the eggs on a stick that were glittered and of course had to make them a bit grubbier. No bling for me. LOL I once again heated up my blackened bees wax and had fun. I started by leaving the sticks in and just dipped them into the wax. When I went to break off the stick I ended up with a big hole and white styrafoam showing. So then I decided to cut them off first and used a piece of medium wire and poked it in the end to dip them. They came out clean as a whistle so there's a tip for you. I threw them in an old bowl with a tag and they are perfect. Had to pose my only bunny I haven't grubbied with them. I'm still debating leaving her alone. For now she's safe. LOL

2 comments:

  1. i luv the eggs.just perfect.are you gonna make more for sale?sounds like you did have loads of fun.god bless michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to get more items on my etsy store. I just have been under the weather for months and can't seem to get much accomplished other than making a mess. I'm starting to think I've developed AADD. Adult attention deficit disorder! hehe

    ReplyDelete